Positive Displacement Metering Pumps
A metering pump is a positive displacement device that can efficiently pump a wide range of fluid types including chemicals, acids, bases, corrosives, and viscous liquids. Metering pumps provide extreme accuracy and dependability when precise volumes of a liquid need to be pumped in a specified amount of time.
Pumping Solutions distributes both Neptune and LMI metering pumps, chemical metering pumps, dosing metering pumps, oil metering pumps, piston metering pumps and additional pump models. If you are unsure what type of metering pump is correct for your specific application, contact us, or call us at 800-603-0399 and we will answer your questions and direct you towards the metering pump that is ideal for unique specifications.
Liquid Metering Pump ApplicationsMetering pumps are utilized in a broad range of applications where the precision flow rate is of the utmost importance. That is why metering pumps continue to be the chosen style of pump for industrial applications throughout the world. This includes chemical treatment of water in boilers for use in cooling towers and for processing potable water. Metering pumps are also used for wastewater treatment, blending of liquids in food processing plants, to reduce frictional losses within gas and oil pipelines. Liquid metering pumps are designed to transfer a variety of fluids and loose material including:
Here’s How Fluid Metering Pumps WorkMetering pumps effectively operate through numerous processes within the device. Each process allows the pump to efficiently move and accurately assess how much liquid is being moved within a specified amount of time. While each type of metering pump has its unique processes for transferring liquids and loose solids, metering pumps abide by the following operational steps:
- The metering pump’s hollow piston reciprocates within the cylinder. A metering rod with a reduced diameter “nose” fits into the piston. A liquid seal forms where the full diameter of the piston contacts the cylinder.
- As the piston moves forward, oil bypasses the metering rod’s reduced nose and move through the port to the center of the piston and back to the gearbox. As the piston continues forward, the port is blocked by the tip of the metering rod, which stops the oil bypass. The oil is now pushed through the port to the diaphragm.
- Adjusting the micrometer dial moves the metering rod, changing the metering pump’s capacity. When moved in, the tip of the metering rod closes the port sooner in the stroke, reducing oil bypass and creating more pumping action. Conversely, when the metering rod is moved out, its tip closes the port later in the stroke, permitting more bypass and reducing pumping action.
- Piston motion moves hydraulic fluid through the port, into and out of the diaphragm chamber. The action of the hydraulic fluid pushes and pulls the diaphragm, which pushes and pulls pumped fluids through the port. Check valves control the direction of liquid flow.
Metering Pump Types
- Chemical metering pump
- Chemical dosing pump
- Oil metering pump
- Piston metering pump
LMI Fluid Metering PumpsLMI is a premium manufacturer of a wide range of Chemical Metering Pumps, pH/ORP Controllers and related accessories for water and wastewater treatment industries. LMI electronic and motor-driven pumps are available for flow proportional applications and optional liquid handling configurations to handle slurries and high viscosity chemicals. We carry several different series of LMI Pumps to meet your exact specification needs.
Visit our LMI Pumps page to browse our extensive line of LMI chemical metering pumps and controllers or use the prompts in the table above to find the right LMI pump for your specific application.
LMI Electronically Actuated & Motor Driven Pumps AdvantagesDue to their numerous beneficial qualities, liquid and chemical metering pumps are widely used throughout many different types of industries. The pump’s leak detection capabilities, along with the double-diaphragm design allow metering pumps to run continuous operations without the threat of downtime. Metering pumps provide unmatched reliability and product longevity, with minimal maintenance.
Additional LMI Metering Pump Advantages
- Corrosion resistance
- Predictive maintenance
Neptune 500 Series Positive Displacement Metering PumpsNeptune 500 metering pumps rely on piston-driven electric motors in a variety of sizes up to 3/4 HP. These electric-drive, 1/3 to 3/4 horsepower Neptune Pumps are made with durable, corrosion resistant stainless-steel casings and top quality materials. The hollow-piston design reduces diameter noises in the cylinder. With capacities ranging from 0.8 GPM to 7 GPM, we’re sure to have the perfect Neptune Pump for your application.
Visit our Neptune Pumps catalog page for additional Neptune metering pumps and mixing pump models or browse our Neptune metering pumps by using our product listing above.
Neptune 500 Series Positive Displacement Metering Pump AdvantagesNeptune 500 series metering pump feature a motor-driven design that is piston powered through full stoke length at all capacities. This eliminates stress, wear and shock on the metering pump system. Neptune's Series 500 Hydraulic Metering Pumps feature a variable Oil By-Pass™ stroke adjustment. This allows for improved valve performance than standard variable linkage pump designs. To extend working life of the pump, the Neptune 500 Series metering pump utilize a Hydraulically balanced Teflon diaphragm.
Additional Neptune 500 Series Pump Features
- Electronic stroke control
- Double-diaphragm leak control
- EZE-CLEAN™ valve cartridges
- Variable speed control
- Stainless steel housing
- Built-in internal relief valves